Exercise Physiology and Medicare Chronic Disease Management Plan
A Chronic Disease Management (CDM) referral allows your GP to plan and coordinate your health care with an Allied Health Professional such as an Exercise Physiologist. The plan is available to those with chronic or terminal medical conditions. A chronic medical condition is determined to be one that has been (or is likely to be present) for six months or longer.
At Restart, our passion lies with helping our patients overcome chronic pain and health conditions. Common injuries and conditions that we are experienced at helping our patients overcome include:
- Chronic joint pain, including lower back pain and knee pain,
- Diabetes mellitus, including both Type I and Type II,
- Soft tissue injuries, such as rotator cuff injuries,
- Cardiovascular disease,
- Cancer, most common of which include breast cancer and prostate cancer,
- Mental health challenges, including anxiety, depression and PTSD,
- Neurological disorders, such as dementia and Parkinson’s disease,
- Obesity and weight loss,
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, including emphysema,
- Pulmonary fibrosis, including asbestosis,
- Stroke and acquired brain injuries.
Speak with your GP to see if you’re eligible for a Chronic Disease Management Plan. You may be eligible for up to five appointments per calendar year with an accredited Exercise Physiologist.
We’ve helped thousands of Brisbane locals overcome aches, pains, and exercise overwhelm to successfully improve their quality of life and overall well-being.
“I highly recommend Luke at Restart. He was recommended by my G.P. When I attended my first appointment I had been in pain due to osteoarthritis in my hip for awhile and was having trouble doing any exercise at all. Luke was able to assess where I was at and provide appropriate exercises to increase my strength. He was lovely to work with. I am now back to exercising as normal. Thanks Luke!”
Sandi – 53